I read an article today that had simple integration tips for those of you that have access to a document camera and LCD projector.
You can read the entire article at http://www.edtechmag.com/k12/issues/august-september-2008/creating-digital-learners.html. If you have any questions or want to share your ideas, email me.
Here are five ways you can integrate a document camera into your school’s elementary school lesson plans.
- Have students draw background scenery for their play, then project the image behind them when they perform.
- Teach math by putting a protractor and ruler under the camera for all to see clearly.
- Use the camera to have the class read and follow along from the same book.
- Quickly call up maps for social studies and history assignments.
- Project a piece of lined paper on your whiteboard. Now students writing on the board can keep their work straight.